Every organisation's identity is tied up with the staff it has employed over time. People bring to your organisation their skills and experience, and with it, their knowledge. In order for any organisation to grow and maintain its competitive edge, it needs to identify, capture and utilise its unique knowledge.
Knowledge in an organisation is used to:
- support decision making
- identify "best practice" so that both new and existing staff can do their job efficiently and effectively
- drive innovation and new ideas.
You need to identify key employees and critical business information. Ask yourself such questions as:
- "What are the consequences of certain employees leaving?"
- "What information is critical to the day-to-day running of the organisation?"
- "Where do new ideas come from?".
We can help you to identify critical business knowledge by performing a knowledge audit of either a particular area or the whole organisation.
The next stage is to capture your organisation's critical knowledge. This involves documenting your policies, procedures, job roles and best practice by identifying existing documentation and extracting knowledge from your experts, either for a business unit or for the whole organisation.
This is an ongoing and continuous process. No business can stand still and hope to survive in the information age.
This is the most critical step. We all suffer from information overload in this electronic age, so what you don't need is a knowledge delivery system that is cumbersome and stifles creativity. Your staff need to be able to find that exact piece of information they need at the time they need it.
It is crucial to continuously maintain and improve the content and keep your organisation's knowledge current.
We work with you to find a solution to meet your unique needs.
Knowledgedoc can help your company capture critical business knowledge.
- audits of your company to identify where the critical knowledge is
- documentation services to record and maintain this information for your future use.
Contact us to find out more about our knowledge management services.